Aired 3 weeks ago 4:02
Ethan Bearman | KGO 810
What Is America Still Doing in the Middle East?
From the news
Aired 9 months ago 59:55
Victor Davis Hanson on The Case For Trump
Recorded on April 1, 2019. How did blue-collar voters connect with a millionaire from Queens in the 2016 election? Martin and Illie Anderson Senior fellow Victor Davis Hanson addresses that question and more in his newly released book, The Case for Trump. He sits down with Peter Robinson to chat about his motivation to write a book making a rational case for those voters who chose Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. Hanson and Robinson, the Murdoch Distinguished Policy Fellow, discuss how voters connected with Trumpâ€™s â€œpersonal authenticityâ€ during the campaign and how the media has a â€œhistorical amnesiaâ€ of the bad behavior of past presidents when talking about President Trump. The president, Hanson argues, was always an outsider from elite society in Manhattan, which helped him to better to connect with voters who felt like outsiders. He analyzes President Trumpâ€™s platform agenda, which was composed 80% of traditionally conservative views with the remaining 20% being radical ideas that fit with many of the views of the midwestern states. He breaks down why, in the end, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, and John Kasich didnâ€™t appeal to voters in the way that Trump managed to. Hanson turns to talk about his background and life growing up in Californiaâ€™s Central Valley and how different the area feels now compared to when he was younger. He talks about seeing the majority of the family-run farms being steadily replaced with large commercial operations and how thatâ€™s drastically impacted the workforce and economics of the region. He goes on to discuss issues of water protection and water quality in the Central Valley and how Bay Area elites prioritize their water quality over that of the rural farmers. For further information: https://www.hoover.org/profiles/victor-davis-hansonhttps://www.hoover.org/research/diversity-illegal-immigration
Aired 9 months ago 45:43
S2 E28: Victor Davis Hanson on Notre Dame, Trump, Civil War and more!
Dennis talks to Hoover Institution Senior Fellow Victor Davis Hanson, whose latest book is "The Case for Trump" about the symbolism of the Notre Dame fire, the Left's attempted coup of Trump, why people are afraid to show their support for him, the possibility of a civil war, life in the San Francisco Bay Area, the likelihood of Hillary running for President and much more!
Aired 9 months ago 15:12
Understanding Chinese Strategy
Victor Davis Hanson examines the strategic calculations behind Chinaâ€™s economic, political, military, and cultural initiatives.