Aired 3 weeks ago 0:57
The Frankie Boyer Show | Biz Talk Radio
Michael Avenatti confident 'justice will be done' in fraud case
From the news
Aired 5 months ago 201:09
13. Attorneys Closing Arguments resume in Santa Ana Superior Court where Rachel Buffett's Accessory to Murder Trial continues.
13. This week we are back in a Santa Ana courtroom for our front row trial coverage of Rachel Buffett’s accessory to murder trial. Matt Murphy has prosecuted his case for nearly a week and is ready for his closing arguments. David Medina, Rachel’s defense counsel feels so confident he has presented plenty of reasonable doubt in the trial, that he doesn’t put on a single witness. Court spectators wondered whether Rachel herself would take the stand in her defense. After all, not more than a month before the trial, Rachel was presented an offer that included pleading guilty to a misdemeanor with no jail time. She turned it down and expressed wanting her day in court. So why did she tell the judge she didn’t think it was necessary she take the stand? Perhaps it will all make sense as we listen in to both Matt Murphy and David Medina’s closing arguments to jurors. Our Sleuth guest, Daniel Wozniak’s defense counsel Scott Sanders, returns to analyze the final summations from both counsel.
Aired 5 months ago 57:25
15. A Court House Tale of a Press Conference Where Rachel Buffett's Prosecutor Seemingly Comes A Bit Unhinged.
15. With Rachel Buffett's accessory to murder trial concluded, the spectators including family and friends are ushered out of court, with the media and their crews not far behind. The word is quickly spread that a formal press conference is taking place on a lower level in the Santa Ana courthouse as the crowd slowly moves toward the elevator banks. Others chose the stairs so as not to be late in attending what media folks call a “presser”—an event which I and my SLEUTH team attended as well. What promised to be a happy moment of closure for Steve and Raquel Herr and June and Masa Kibuishi…turned into an event that prosecutor Matt Murphy chose to instead, roast me and my podcast.
Aired 5 months ago 35:40
14. It's Verdict Day for Rachel Buffett's Accessory to Murder Trial.
14. On this episode of SLEUTH, we are once again back to our Santa Ana, California courtroom front row seat, as the accessory to murder trial of Rachel Buffett comes to a close. Prosecutor Matt Murphy and Defense Counsel David Medina delivered powerful summations to the jury of twelve. Matt Murphy believes he has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Rachel Buffett is guilty of lying to police and helping her fiancee Daniel Wozniak cover up for his murderous crimes. David Medina argued to jurors that this case should be considered “the poster case for reasonable doubt” believing that he put on a defense that proves Rachel had nothing to do with the murders. Medina goes one step further by suggesting Rachel Buffett helped police by cooperating in helping lead police to— as Medina suggests “a treasure trove of evidence” to help convict— the man he calls “the monster Daniel Wozniak". Both attorneys have now learned the members of the jury are unanimously in agreement as to a verdict. Have you made a determination on what the verdict will be? Let’s listen as the jury forewoman renders their decision.