1 Burst results for "Dr Peterson Dennis"
"dr peterson dennis" Discussed on In The Gate
"But the big one is the San Felipe because of the progression toward the Kentucky Derby, where are you in all of those mechanisms? Yeah, this time we really can't say I mean, most of first and foremost is right to help safety of the horses. I mean, obviously for people that are aiming for the big races and the triple crown races and being an ex trainer and jockey myself. I completely understand, you know, sympathize with those people that are, you know, have these great horses keying up for maybe once in a lifetime opportunity, but at the same time that cannot wait a masses of what's happened. And we really have to just take a step back. Take a look at everything to track conditions. Everything horse would have to look we all have to look at our selves and figure out what what's going on here. And you know, it's just one of those things where we group and unfortunately, the health and safety of the horses the horse the Klein is in the human. Athletes has to come first and foremost over scheduling of future racist. It's just some we have to know, obviously, you would need cooperation in the southern California area to move racing around there. And to that extent, Los Alamos has made several hundred stalls bailable on a short term basis so horses can ship in there and train you do own. The strana group owns Portland meadows up in Oregon is that under consideration as a place to move the racing short-term? So everything's under consideration. We haven't considered that yet. I mean, Portland just finished. It's me, and it's closed up. But you know, we're hoping that we can really get a grasp of this take a look at everything. I mean, if we would've Scott something that was a longer term than we would consider those factors. But right now, we appreciate doc reaching out and giving an opportunity for some of those guys to train over there. Because you know, as we continue to. Research this, and when we decide to open back up for training, we need to give the horsemen and horses an opportunity to train before we even think running and making sure that we're comfortable. And then once we are then we will decide on what the schedule looks like moving forward, you mentioned Dennis Moore as coming back to help Dr Peterson Dennis more for those who don't know with the track superintendent at Santa Anita for four years and retired on December thirty first the fact that all of this has happened largely since he last was involved in day to day. Is there a connection to be made there now? No, no, that's that's it would be a bad assumption. Any Araca has worked under Dennis. And and great trucks. Pretendants? Dennis was always around. Dennis was always more of a consultant and advisor, sa- Dennis's influences are always still there. The fact that it rains sixteen and a half inches would probably be more factor than one and a half inches last year. Yeah. So for sure I mean ending rocker, and I feel bad for him. Right. Because it's all happened under his watch has been there for about thirty five years and worked under some of the greatest track superintendents and continued to maintain the track the same way about three years ago. We had some incidents rain that was really hard to handle Dennis went through those. And you know, it's a lot tougher out here when it rains in comparison to the east coast tracks because these tracks, you know, it just not used to sixteen inches of rain. It's just something. That's you know, an anomaly not even blaming it all on the surface could be the idea that you know, one day, you're trading on floated track which is sailed and the next couple of days it's loose because you're you're harrowing it in a little deeper. So when we talk about on even inconsistent. We're only talking about it through couple of days. So maybe just the adjusting the horses that have not been used to where they run over a seal track and then run over a drying out race track. Those scenarios that we're looking at. It was one of the reasons we look. At this weekend to cancel as we have a bunch of rain come in the next couple of days, and we do not want to have to sail..