Nicholas Medley, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Austin discussed on Morning Edition

Automatic TRANSCRIPT

The core inflation figure, which subtracts volatile food and energy prices was up 9/10 of a percent, the largest monthly increasing for decades, The Federal Reserve says. We should expect inflation before casts, it will be temporary. I'm never suffer for marketplace. Thanks. The biggest set of fuel pipelines in the country remains disabled today after hackers came looking for ransom colonial pipeline is now dispatch workers to manually open valves to move some fuel in Georgia, the Carolinas, Maryland and New Jersey. US requires most of the electric power grid to have protections against cyber attacks. But for pipeline companies hardening against hackers is only a suggestion, not a rule. And now the head of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is saying that may need to change marketplaces and the Euler has been talking to people on the hunt for gas, with some stations running dry, in part because people are topping up just in case. Nicholas Medley lives in Pensacola, Florida with his wife and two young kids, ages two and four, he said. From what he's seeing, just driving around town. Maybe 70% of the stations around here are just really out and the other 30% have long lines and high prices. Now he drives a Tesla so he's not hurting for gas, but his wife drives a regular old minivan. And we're having carpool now because she was wearing on desk before the short chap in that it happened in the blink of an eye. There was no warning. No warning for McClane, Merrick, either he lives in Peachtree Corners Georgia, coincidentally, only about 10 miles southeast of Colonial pipelines headquarters. He says he's got an almost full tank right now and works about a mile from his home. But he just hopes he doesn't have an emergency. Once I hit the 50% mark, I'll probably be walking to work and we'll probably be walking to dinner and Wait for this to pass Colonial told federal officials. It will know later today whether it's safe to restart gasoline and diesel flows in Austin. I'm a dealer for marketplace. Marketplace Morning report is supported by C. F P professionals, CFE professionals are focused on providing holistic financial planning from taxes and investments to retirement and estate planning in the client's best interest. Make a plan to work. And by.

Coming up next