TikTok 'Benadryl Challenge' prompts FDA warning on overdoses
Drug Administration has issued a warning about a social media craze that's apparently been landing teenagers in hospital emergency rooms. Correspondent Maria Garcia reports. It's called the Benadryl Challenge Trending on Tic Tac, and it's already led to the death of a 15 year old girl in Oklahoma. A quick online search and you'll see videos of kids taking the challenge guessing how many Benadryl pills they can take before getting sick. Dr. Michelle Reed is a family practitioner in Garden City, New York, and says parents need to limit S ability. Do not believe medicine just out and about if something is a prescription medicine, make sure that it is in your room or in a place where your child does not know where it is. Read says. If you suspect your child took excessive, Benadryl, call your local poison center immediately.