A highlight from AI Today Podcast: AI Education Series: Managing Data for AI

Automatic TRANSCRIPT

And on this podcast episode, we're going to continue our AI education series sharing some of our insights from our cognitive executive education subscription that we have put literally hundreds now moving on to thousands of people through across private sector, largest companies, the smallest companies and everybody in between. And government agencies at the federal the state, the local, the international level, there's a lot of desire and need for education. And honestly, probably a lot of the reason why you listen to our AI today podcasts. We want to thank you all for really listening and tuning in. And I guess as part of our way of paying you back for your attention and rewarding you for listening to us, we're going to share with you our executive education that we make available if you go to courses dot cognitive cognitive dot com. So if you go there, is going to be an excerpt from our managing data. But we'll tell you a little bit more about that shortly. Exactly. So as Ron mentioned, you know, we have been running education, executive level education for quite some time now. And we have a broad range of customers. So we wanted to share a little clip from our managing data for AI education today. You know, we spend a lot of time on artificial intelligence, as you can tell from the AI today podcast and also related topics and areas. So we have roles specific education and we really tailor it towards the specific objectives at your organization, because we understand that people in executive level versus a procurement role versus an implementer, they have different skill sets and different needs. And so we have our education that matches that because it's not a one size fits all approach. So we follow the best practices from both the Edison data science framework and also it's been optimized for the Department of Defense, Jake archetypes as well. We have over 50 courses and we continue to add to our content library pretty regularly. We'll update courses as needed or we'll add additional courses as needed as well. So we really do encourage you to check that out. But in this podcast today, we will be giving you a little teaser from what we have so that you can see the quality of our education and will be it'll be on the topic of managing data for AI. Yeah, actually even more than just a teaser. We're going to share with you about 16 minutes here of our education and managing data for AI and the reason why we're sharing this particular one is because as you know, the fundamental core of what makes artificial intelligence systems work is data. And so one of the things that's often cited from our research is that over 80% of the time you spend on AI projects is around data, management, data manipulation, data preparation, data cleansing, data labeling data, enhancing all the things you need to do with data. And then you spend the other 20% of the time doing the thing that you thought you were going to do in your AI project, which was machine learning model algorithm selection and actual model training and model iteration and all that sort of good stuff. That's all the fun parts, right? Well, but you can't get to that fun part. Until you get your hands on data. Now, we have many courses of education focused on data. As a matter of fact, the funny thing is, just like 80% of your AI products are data probably 80% of our courses are focused on that might be a thing actually much because we do have a lot of foundational level courses for different audiences. But this particular piece of education deals with the fact that we're just trying to get trying to get to the data. That's what we mean by managing data. Where is the data? How do we get access to it? And also sort of the a little bit of the historical context of how did we get to here? Because, you know, back in the days when there was literally one machine, there was one gigantic computer that took up a whole room. And all the storage was sitting in that very same room, probably spinning around a little reel to real thing, or maybe one of those big, hard desk enclosures. You kind of knew where your data was. Not only did you know what system was, you can actually say, oh, our data is in room 351. That's how that's how much you knew where the data was. Well, fast forward a couple decades. Now we don't really know who our data is. The data is literally everywhere from data centers, where that's always been to mobile phones to devices to

Coming up next