Football, Soccer, Nicole Frederick discussed on Lance McAlister

Automatic TRANSCRIPT

They hashtag is let us play. And one of the volunteers. And one of those helping mentoring is Nicole Frederick. She is a taxpayer in Cincinnati and a cold, Frederick. Welcome. I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham show, Nicole, How are you? I'm doing fantastic. How are you? Good. Good go. That's layout. I'm watching Friday night, all of the football follies going on all the scores. What's happening? I listen to the Bangles last night. I'm watching college football Take place. I'm watching boys. Soccer. I'm watching Madeira beat up on Indian Hill again. And boys Soccer. I'm watching girls soccer. Going, at least on TV. I'm watching getting all the scores. What's happening? This is not a capital City hall as we think money. Everyone right now is not a public schools all fall. Sports are allowed to do everything on your practice. Deal that your drill like games. L discriminative. They just can't play a game in over a week. Football team the girls soccer team, Whatever be the runaround, we're meeting anybody. There's no school official made a decision like all competition, so games until the school goes from being remote learning to in person learning And that's not gonna happen until the end of September. So that's a good four weeks away, so the earliest game might be the first of October. She gave an interview a few days ago and what she said they mean revisit the issue in about A few more days. Isn't there a big meeting on Wednesday? There is big meeting down at the board of Education. I believe the time has been changed to four o'clock. And we know this because there is a a rally that is being scheduled. That's kind of a grassroots initiative to be a good visual toe. Let her know that this needs to be revisited and it needs to be reversed, just like many of the other inner city. Cool districts around the state had been doing I mean Columbus, just reverse that date in public just reversed it. Akron is probably voting to reverse it today. It needs to be looked at the data does not support Not having these kids play, especially since they've been doing this since June, and one might ask. I've asked the question and I don't get a definitive answer. As we sit here on August 31st I'm told that there's not one child of the 36,000 and CPS that have passed away. I'm also told Not to anyone's knowledge, not one child of the 36,000. CPS has gone to the hospital. So this is a circumstance where is extremely rare. It's prohibiting something not likely to occur anyway. Exactly. You have over 1500 student athletes and over 175 coaches in fall sports alone in CPS on and they are proceeding with caution. They have all their protocols in place because they want to play and they've done an excellent job. I am at Withrow High School for the football team, basically every day, delivering individual peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for these student athletes. And I watched the dedication that these individuals and the players are doing so that they can proceed and play their games. It's safe. They are watching everyone else around them. Including Indiana and other counties play football and they can't do it. And I heard some of that is so dejected that they were watching the LaSalle elder game online and they weren't look later. Find out there. No place for no reason. Dad. It's not that I'm not going forward. I have to take Friday thing. These things were released like that in front of Washington, DC and explosive but is not coming to me but doesn't fit centers for Disease Control. Imagination report lakefront that only 9603 or 6% would have uncovered 19 listen on the other 94%. 94% of the 86,000 died with comb abilities that included pneumonia, respiratory failure, hypertensive disease, diabetes, vascular and unspecified dementia, cardiac arrest, heart failure and kidney failure. And this means that On the death certificate..

Coming up next